During the week, Pegasus has classes for pre-school and home school special needs children. These riders
arrive by private automobile. We also have week day classes for adults from the Stroke Recovery Center,
Desert Arc and Angel View.
Pegasus pays to bus special needs riders from all three Unified School Districts in the Coachella Valley.
Thanks to generous donations.
Saturdays, riders come from all over the Coachella Valley as well as Riverside, Beaumont and Yucca
Pegasus gets referrals from Specialist at Loma Linda, Ronald McDonald and Shriners Hospital. Private Physicians and Physical Therapist also refer patients.
- We service riders as young as 3 to 93 years of age.
- All riders must be deemed handicapped by the Social Security System or by the Public School system.
- Additionally Riders' caretakers or parents must fill out the Pegasus Riders Packet that includes, information regarding the disability and requires a physician signature.
- Pegasus follows the Public School Calendar for Holidays, and sessions end in May when the weather is too warm for both the riders and our horses.
- Many of our riders have been coming to Pegasus for five years and new riders join each week.
- The riders are part of a sports experience by riding a horse, and learn hand-eye coordination playing baseketball and other other routine games.
- All of our riders make recognizable progress and all are very proud that they can ride a horse!
- For most of our riders, Pegasus is the only fun, outdoor exercise they receive.
To Download the Rider Application Form - Click Here
- No abusive, threatening, violent or noncompliance behavior will be tolerated on the premises of Pegasus
- Alcohol and illegal drug use is prohibited
- No smoking on ranch premises
- All children must be supervised at all times
- No running, children or adults
- No spectators at the rails, only in designated areas
- No Dogs, exception, service or therapy animals or Director authorized
- Do not feed horses at any time, it's for the horses safety
- Do not enter the horse stalls without authorization from Stable Manager or Instructors
- Adhere to instructions given by Program Director and Instructors
- Work cordially and respectfully with co-volunteers, staff, riders and guests
- Follow all safety procedures, rules and regulations
- Report all accidents, injuries and or safety hazards to Directors or Instructors immediately
- No cell phones, exception viberate mode for medical reasons.
- Never talk on the phone when handling riders or horses
- Policies listed here but not limited to this list will be enforced for the safety of everyone